Next up we'll go through the shoe box of junk wax that was part of the haul my daughter got for a buck at her thrift shop.
A big chunk of the cards were in heavy duty, single-card sleeves which, like the album sheets, were sticky and deteriorating. So much so that they were bricking together.
It took some pinching and prying to get the cards out of them.
After freeing them and sorting, here is the overhead of what was in the box:
The majority was 1990 and 1991 Pro Set football, 1990 Fleer baseball, 1990 Topps and 1993 Topps. There were a lot of Rangers as well which is to be expected from the local previous owner.
Here are some of the more interesting things I found:
Cool 1993 Kelloggs Star Picks College Greats Postercard.
b.jpg)
1991 Impel G.I. Joe Gold Border Hall Of Fame.
1990 Kenner Starting Lineup.
1992 Capri Sun Nicktoons decal cards.
A couple HOF rookies.
A nice stack of the Super Bowl insert cards. I've always liked these, collected them at one time, gave some away, but now again I'm thinking, "Hmmmm should I?".
And a bunch of Nolan Ryan cards including this sampling I picked out (oops Ted Williams snuck in there).
The majority of the cards in the box had been handled quite a bit and were not in the best of shape.
Still fun.
Next up are the loose 9-pocket pages.

.jpg)
c.jpg)
d.jpg)
a.jpg)
.jpg)
👍
ReplyDeleteNice cards. And now for the rest of the story.
ReplyDeletestill all of what she got for a buck.....that is what I call a deal :)
ReplyDeleteThere was a lot of variety in that box. That Steve Sax SLU card is my favorite, but those Chucky (Rugrats) and David Robinson (foldout) cards are pretty cool too.
ReplyDelete