Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Awestruck

 

This is my favorite Angels card.

The first time I saw it I was struck and decided that someday I wanted to have a whole page of them.
Shouldn't be hard to do, it is a junk wax era 1988 Topps for goodness sakes.

What do I love about it?
 
1988 Topps design
The Angels uniform from that era
Overall red/white/blue theme
Red background
Buice's pose and stare

So I eventually got a whole page of them.


Beautiful.

It's interesting to note the variations in the red shades between cards.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of another Angels card that I will try this with, but I'm open to being "struck" again.


Do you have a card you love so much that you have a whole page of them?


5 comments:

  1. Not to mention his assistance in the creation of "The Upper Deck Company" ie: Cardboard Gold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now go for a whole binder of '88 Buice cards...O-Pee-Chee, Tiffany, Buybacks, Autos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't have a binder page of cards, but I always loved the 1990 Fleer Pro-Vision of Mike Greenwell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a huge fan of 1988 Topps, but thanks to this post I do like the look of this card. There are a few cards that I filled a 9-pocket page:

    #1: 2019 Topps #126 Oakland Coliseum
    #2: 2020 Topps #179 Ramon Laureano
    #3: 2021 Heritage News Flashbacks #NF-BF Bobby Fischer

    The one I'm currently working on is the 2024 Topps Now #760 (Last game @ Oakland Coliseum).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the love for '88 Topps. What ad is that in the background?

    I have at least a couple of pages filled by one card. One is one of Hideo Nomo's rookie cards.

    ReplyDelete